By Mandi Mader (Contact)
To be delivered to: Joshua Starr, Superintendent and Montgomery County, MD's Superintendent of Schools and Board of Education
When teens get the required 8.5 to 9 hours of sleep:
• School attendance goes up,
• Tardiness decreases,
• They sleep less in class,
• They get in fewer traffic accidents,
• Visit nurses and counselors less often, and,
• Report less depression and irritability.
Starting school before 8:15 AM, without a doubt, undermines optimal academic achievement.
Note: MoveOn Civic Action does not necessarily endorse the contents of petitions posted on this site. MoveOn Petitions is an open tool that anyone can use to post a petition advocating any point of view, so long as the petition does not violate our terms of service.