Petition statement to be delivered to The United States House of Representatives, The United States Senate, and President Barack Obama

End Tax Cuts for the Wealthy

Sign this petition

Note: By signing, you agree to receive email messages from MoveOn.org Civic Action and MoveOn.org Political Action. You may unsubscribe at any time. [ Privacy policy ]

Embed This petition

<iframe src="http://petitions.moveon.org/embed/widget.html?v=3&name=end-tax-cuts-for-the" class="moveon-petition" id="petition-embed" width="300px" height="500px"></iframe>

End Tax Cuts for the Wealthy

To be delivered to The United States House of Representatives, The United States Senate, and President Barack Obama

Petition Statement

We, the People, are calling on you to end tax cuts for Americans earning more than $250,000 a year. We already tried eight years of "trickle down" economics under President Bush, and it led to the biggest economic crisis since the Great Depression.

The gap between the wealthiest and poorest among us is wider now than at any time since the Great Depression. There is no moral way to justify cutting programs that help the poor, seniors, and middle class families in order to keep tax cuts for millionaires and billionaires.

Be warned: if you continue promoting policies that benefit the wealthiest 2% of Americans at the expense of the other 98%, we will continue organizing to make sure you are out of office in 2014....
There are currently 1,626 signatures. NEW goal - We need 2,000 signatures!

Petition Background

Once again, we are headed for a “fiscal cliff” -- a rack of spending cuts and tax increases that will take place in January automatically if Congress doesn’t find a better way to reduce our deficit by $700 billion.

The re-election of president Obama should have sent a clear message to Congress that it is the will of the people to let Bush tax cuts expire for the wealthiest Americans. It appears that either they didn't get it or they are willfully opposing it. Please sign here and add your own comments to make our message clearer.....

Current petition signers

Loading...

Note: MoveOn Civic Action does not necessarily endorse the contents of petitions posted on this site. MoveOn Petitions is an open tool that anyone can use to post a petition advocating any point of view, so long as the petition does not violate our terms of service.