The election is a day old, and already some politicians are spinning the reasons why the majority voted the way it did, and they're getting it wrong.
So let's be clear:
1) We voted for the most privileged in our society to pay their fair shares of taxes, beginning by allowing the Bush tax breaks for the rich to expire.
2) We voted to reward companies who create jobs at home instead of those who import them to other countries.
3) We voted against redefining rape and curbing women's rights by bringing personal morality into governance, crossing the sacred line between religious preference into religious dominance.
4) We voted against privatizing social services such as Social Security, Medicare, and FEMA.
5) We voted for our students to have access to affordable education and be prepared for the job market upon graduation.
6) We voted for access to health care that puts people's well-being ahead of corporate bottom lines.
7) We voted to use the power of the federal government to help in the creation of jobs for Americans, be it by helping private companies or through needed social services, such as the repair of our aging infrastructure.
8) We also voted for many other reasons, but by this petition, we demand that you, those we recently elected or kept in power, to tend to these issues urgently, representing our views instead of your personal preferences.
I hope we now are clear as to what we have hired you to do at this time.