By Jason B. Allen (Contact)
To be delivered to: City of Atlanta, Office of The Mayor, Byron Amos, District 2 Representative, and Reuben McDaniel, Board Chair
Dear Atlanta Citizen,
We are joining together to let the City of Atlanta know as well as the Atlanta Board of Education that we are desiring the following:
1. To table the Demographic Survey in it's regards to close our historic SW Atlanta schools.
2. To redetermine redistricting of the school system that is propotionate to all zones (where it is equal).
3. To ensure that all of the APS schools receive resources needed i.e. being fully staffed (teachers, admin staff, etc).
4. To ensure that all of the APS schools are high performing schools.
5. To ensure that all high schools have intact feeder patterns.
6. To recommend that the closing of any schools in SW Atlanta or building of any new schools in North Atlanta are tabled until we fully use all the facilities in APS we currently have.
7. To increase the level of rigor and instruction with all school programs so parents will send their children to their neighborhood schools and not across town.
8. To ensure that all school structures are safe.
9. To ensure that schools offer summer and after school programs or work in conjunction with local YMCA's in the neighborhoods.
10. To ensure that equality for all schools is reached to it's highest potential and that we aren't solely dependent on one area of the city for success & we look to all schools of APS to be successful.
Note: MoveOn Civic Action does not necessarily endorse the contents of petitions posted on this site. MoveOn Petitions is an open tool that anyone can use to post a petition advocating any point of view, so long as the petition does not violate our terms of service.