We the undersigned call upon our elected officials to endorse the Environmental and Social Responsibility Amendment to the U.S. Constituiton which would:
1. Require public funding of all state and national elections and ban all other monies (not only from corporations, but from political parties, non-profits, and and individual)--in short a real Money out of Politics amendment.
2. Require corporations with incomes above $50 million/yr to get a new corporate charter once every five years which would only be granted to those that could prove a satisfactory history of environmental and social responsibility to a panel of ordinary citizens (after hearing testimony from people all around the world whose lives have been impacted by that corporation's products, services, advertising, treatment of workers and workers in firms to which the corporation sub-contracts, and environmentalists).
3. Requiring environmental education (including teaching empathy, generosity, and environmental sustainability) for every grade level from k-through graduate and professional schools).
4. Preventing corporations from moving their assets out of the places where they have been employing more than 500 people until they have compensated the communities they are leaving for the environmental, economic and/or social damage they are causing by moving those assets.
5. Overturning all parts of the US Constitution that are deemed by the Supreme Court to be in conflict with this amendment, but only to the extent that they are in conflict (so those parts are hereby modified to not be in conflict with this amendment, but in other respects are still in force).